The Mini Montenegro Experience
Day 1 Podgorica to Kotor
Arrive in Podgorica. Transfer to picture-perfect Kotor via Sveti Stefan, the pearl of the Adriatic. Arrive in UNESCO town of Kotor. Rest of the day to explore the Old Town and even climb the crumbling city walls for exceptional vistas over the Bay.
Day 2 Kotor to Lovcen National Park to Moraca Valley to Kolasin
Travel through the awe-inspiring Lovcen National Park. Visit the famous mountain mausoleum. Journey into the mountains through the twists and turns of the Moraca Valley. Visit the beautiful Moraca Monastery. Travel to the mountain town of Kolasin. Tour and tasting at a local honey farm. Jeep transfer to the remote Katun Vranjak. Hearty mountain supper at the open air dining area. Stargazing by the camp fire. Night in the wood cabin.
Day 3 Kolasin toTara Canyon to Durmitor National Park to Pluzine
Transfer along Europe’s longest and deepest gorge, the Tara Canyon. Visit the Monastery of St. George. Stop and admire the immense Tara Bridge. Visit and entry to the Black Lake. Guided hike through Durmitor National Park. Picnic lunch in the mountains. Travel to the rural village of Trsa. Drive through the dramatic Piva Canyon. Mountain style dinner and accommodation at Izlazak Ethno Village
Day 4 Pluzine
Optional activities in the ‘great outdoors’ including white water rafting, hiking, swimming and horse riding. Mountain style dinner and accommodation at Izlazak.
Day 5 Pluzine to Podgorica
Transfer to Podgorica. Fly home.
Airport pick-up and drop-off, all in-country transfers
1 night B&B accommodation in Kotor, 1 night wood cabin accommodation with breakfast at Katun Vranjak near Kolasin, 2 nights cabin accommodation with breakfast at Izlazak Ethno Village near Pluzine
Visit & entry to Lovcen National Park and Mausoleum, visit & entry to Moraca Monastery, tour and tasting at a local honey farm, visit and entry to Durmitor National Park and The Black Lake
Other The services of a bi-lingual guide, the Mini Montenegro Experience booklet
The services of a bi-lingual guide, the Mini Montenegro Experience booklet
Local payment required? No, except for additional activities and meals. Additional activities are as follows:
- Visiting the smallest and oldest of Montenegro’s national parks, Biogradska Gora. It shelters 1,600 hectares of virgin woodland and represents one of Europe’s last three surviving primeval forests. Price: 15 Euros per person. Included: Transfer, entry ticket.
- Zip lining. Takes place over the deepest canyon in Europe and with height of 154 meters is one of the highest of its kind. Price: 20 Euros per person.
- Rafting. If adrenaline is what you are looking for, peddling down the powerful Tara accompanied by our experienced guides is just the right thing for you. Includes transfers, life jackets and other equipment, lunch. Price: 50 Euros per person.
- Durmitor hike. Medium level hour and a half hike through pine forest to directly to wilderness and stunning Jablan lake. Includes guide assistance, picnic, National park entry. Price: 15 Euros per person.
- Trnovacko Lake hike. Another breathtaking hike through unspoiled nature and a reward of seeing a heart-shaped Trnovacko lake.
Allyn & Carol, September 2013 (3rd UTP Experience)
This place is astonishing. We expected exactly none of what we are actually seeing or experiencing. It is spectacular, first world, and practically empty, at least out here near the national park. We had wifi at the “ethnic” farm lunch spot, better than Barcelona. Prices for lunch unexpectedly affordable. Our driver has been first rate. The infrastructure is more like Switzerland and the vast expanses are like, well, almost no place in Europe or elsewhere. Stunning. Well done, Marion and James
Other tours from this operator
The Mini Ice Hotel Experience in TransylvaniaFrom
249 pp 4 Days
The Dracula Experience in TransylvaniaFrom
0 pp 5 Days
The Brown Bear ExperienceFrom
0 pp 5 Days
The White Water Rafting ExperienceFrom
0 pp 5 Days
The Ice Hotel Experience in TransylvaniaFrom
349 pp 5 Days
The Mini Albanian Alps ExperienceFrom
0 pp 5 Days
The Albanian Alps ExperienceFrom
0 pp 8 Days