TruTravels 13 day Full Moon Experience - Thailand - Bangkok - Khao Sok - Koh Phangan
Day 1 - Arrival
When you land, don't worry, we pick you up at the airport, and take you directly to your hotel Mango Lagoon. Depending on when you arrive, you may get to meet some of your tour-buddies at the airport! In the evening we go out on the infamous Khao San Road for drinks and for a delicious dinner.
Day 2 - Temples and River Cruise
Travelling through Bangkok via tuk-tuks then on private longtail boats along the Chao Phraya River, you’ll explore the best of Bangkok and experience some of Thailand’s heritage. We visit two of the most prestigious temples – Wat Arun and Wat Pho, to see the very impressive giant, gold reclining Buddha statue. The rest of the day is free for exploring/shopping/eating, and in the evening we meet for dinner and drinks.
Day 3 - Thai Spa and Overnight Train
We will treat you to a traditional Thai massage before we travel overnight on the train to Surat Thani. We swap the hustle and bustle of Bangkok for the tranquil lakes of Khao Sok National Park, which is a real eye-treat!
Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
Heading to the awe-inspiring floating bungalows on a longtail boat whilst stopping along the way for a quick dip and dive, cliff jumping if the weather permits it and only if you are up for it. Try your hand at some kayaking or chill with a beer in a tube in front of the stunning backdrop of this limestone mountain range. We’ll be staying in floating bungalows on a fresh-water lake surrounded by rainforest which looks like something out of Jurassic Park!
Day 5 - Bottle Beach
We then travel to Koh Phangan by fprivate mini bus ferry and head to Bottle Beach. Here you will be struck by the absolute beauty of a near secluded beach. You’ll also be treated to home-cooked, authentic Thai food, served to you right there on the beach! (Don't worry, you get to choose what you want ) We highly recommend the banana daiquiris and fritters.
Day 6 - Thai Activities Day
We then jump on a longtail boat to a neighbouring beach, Chaloklum – you have a choice of activities in the afternoon (eg: Muay Thai, Archery, Elephant Trekking), before arriving in Haad Rin, home of the Full Moon party.
Day 7 - Boats, Beaches and Waterfalls
We get to explore Koh Phangan by boat, stop to snorkel at some of the best spots and visit some nice beaches and a waterfall. The boat offers a free lunch, free bar/buckets and music so is always a great day out. In the evening we’ll go for a group farewell dinner (on us!) then head down to the beach for drinks.
Day 8 - Today is checkout day...
For those who are continuing on with us, they will be checked into their new accommodation for the next leg of the adventure. For those that are booked on to the 8 day we will say a very sad goodbye to !
Day 9 - Fun in the Sun - Explore Haad Rin
We head to the beach for a few games on the sand whilst enjoying a few drinks. In the evening we venture out for some sundowners with stunning views, a perfect relaxation day to get yourself ready for Full Moon !
Day 10 - Total Wipeout and Sunset Pool Party
Spend the day at the Total Wipeout course. Afterwards we head to Amsterdam Bar which has an awesome infinity pool overlooking the ocean and arguably the best sunset view on Koh Phangan.
Day 11 - Full Moon Party
You have a free day to recharge the batteries, chill in a hammock and get ready for one of the biggest parties you can experience. Fluorescent paint is a staple for this awesome event. GET READY TO PARTY!
Day 12 - Woosaa day (regroup and recover)
Depending on what time you stumble home from the party depends on what you do today. We also organise a free Thai massage to help you recover from the night before!
Day 13 - #TRU CHECKOUT
The awesomeness finally comes to an end. You may have added Top Up Adventures to your trip, otherwise your group leader can help you plan your travel wherever you need to go.
- Airport pickup and taxi to your Bangkok hotel
- Taxis, tuk tuks, longtail boats, ferry & minibus trip
- Chao Phraya River cruise
- Overnight train from Bangkok to Surat Thani
- Longtail boat journey to Khao Sok National Park
- Boat trip to Koh Nang Yuan or around Koh Phangan
- Pick up truck ride through jungle to Bottle Beach & boat back
- Taxis around Phangan for full moon package activities
- Two fun nights out on Khao San road
- Relaxing Thai massage
- Day visit to Bangkok’s most historic temples with river cruise sight seeing
- Outdoor activities such as swimming, tubing, kayaking, cliff jumping, bamboo rafting, snorkelling, waterfalls, viewpoints, beaches
- Day and night on magical, secluded Bottle Beach (sleep in beach bungalows just a few steps from the sea)
- Local wildlife (Elephant ride & meeting some monkeys) or Muay Thai (Thai Boxing Lesson)
- Experience beach parties on Koh Phangan
- 5 extra days of fun and parties in Haad Rin (beach days filled with games, music and tanning, nights filled with dancing!)
- Cocktails in an infinity pool overlooking the ocean at the best sunset spot in Haad Rin
- A day at ‘Phangan Total Wipe Out’ lake obstacle course (yeah, like the one on TV!)
- Full Moon Party evening (with pre-party UV painting and a free ‘bucket’ of your choice)
- Inclusive breakfast, lunch and dinner at Khao Sok National Park
- Free lunch & drinks on the boat in Koh Phangan during the Boat Cruise
- An authentic Thai-Cuisine group dinner
We leave most of meal choices to you (as everyone’s different!), but we take you to some amazing restaurants both traditional and modern so there is always something for everyone.
- Online support before you go on tour (via our Meet Others Tour Radar App, as well as email/phone)
- Insider knowledge from our incredible Western & Local tour guides, who will be able to answer any questions you may have about Thailand and show you some really cool stuff you’d never find on your own, as well as being with you all week to make sure you have an awesome and hassle free time.
- We have partied at hundreds of Full Moon parties, so you’ll have the benefit of our experience to make sure you have the best possible night and avoid the ‘usual’ rookie mistakes that many first-time party goers make!
- Help and support organising any onward travel or Top Up Adventures