TruTravels 18 day Island Hopper - Thailand
Day 1 - Arrival
When you land, don't worry, we pick you up at the airport, and take you directly to your hotel, Mango Lagoon. In the evening we go out on the infamous Khao San Road for drinks and for a delicious dinner.
Day 2 - Temples and River Cruise
Travelling through Bangkok via tuk-tuks then on private longtail boat along the Chao Phraya River, you’ll explore Bangkok and experience some of Thailand’s heritage. We visit two of the most prestigious temples – Wat Arun and Wat Pho, to see the very impressive giant, gold reclining Buddha statue. The rest of the day is free for exploring/shopping/eating, and in the evening we meet for dinner and drinks.
Day 3 - Thai Spa and Overnight Train
We treat you to a traditional Thai massage before we travel overnight on the train down south,to Surat Thani. We swap the hustle and bustle of Bangkok for the tranquil lakes of Khao Sok National Park – situated in the Surat Thani, which is a real eye-treat.
Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
Heading to the awe-inspiring floating bungalows on a longtail boat whilst stopping along the way for a quick dip and dive, cliff jumping if the weather permits it and only if you are up for it. Try your hand at some kayaking or chill with a beer in a tube in front of the stunning backdrop of this limestone mountain range. We’ll be staying in floating bungalows on a fresh-water lake surrounded by rainforest which looks like something out of Jurassic Park!
Day 5 - Bottle Beach
We then travel to Koh Phangan by private mini bus ferry and head to Bottle Beach. Here you will be struck by the absolute beauty of a near secluded beach. You’ll also be treated to home-cooked, authentic Thai food, served to you right there on the beach! (Don't worry you get to choose what you want !) We highly recommend the banana daiquiris and fritters.
Day 6 - Thai Activities Day
We jump on a longtail boat to a neighbouring beach – you have a choice of activities in the afternoon (eg: Muay Thai, Archery), before arriving in Haad Rin, home of the Full Moon party.
Day 7 - Boats, Beaches and Waterfalls
We get to explore Koh Phangan by boat, stop to snorkel at some of the best spots and visit some nice beaches and a waterfall. The boat also has free lunch, free bar/buckets and music so is always a great day out. In the evening we’ll go for a group farewell dinner (on us!) then head down to the beach for drinks.
Day 8 to 11 - Island Hopping
We head over to Koh Tao on day eight and spend four days and three nights on this gorgeous island (recently voted best island in South East Asia on TripAdvisor). You will get the chance to add in some optional activities such as diving, water skiing, abseiling or wake boarding, alternatively chill on the beach and make the most of the free activities such as snorkelling, cliff jumping and trekking when visiting islands such as Koh Nang Yuan.
Day 12 to 14 - Water and Fire on Railay Beach
We leave Koh Tao and head to the west coast of Thailand with our first stop at Railay Beach. It is still part of the mainland but cut off by mountains so the only way to get there is by boat. Again more chance for water activities throughout the day time as well as enjoying the evening fire shows with a few cocktails by night on the sand…
Day 15 to 17 - More Island Hopping in Koh Phi Phi
The next two days are spent on the famous Phi Phi Island where we take you on a sunset boat trip around the islands, we stop at Maya Bay (Where they filmed ‘The Beach’), Monkey Beach and the Viking caves as well as some snorkelling in Phi Phi’s emerald waters. There’s a free lunch on the boat and swimming with the phosphorescence (glow in the dark plankton!) when the sun has gone down. Again you will have plenty of time to relax on the beach, explore the island, experience the nightlife and more optional scuba diving.
Day 18 - Farewell in Phuket
On the final day we head over to Phuket, Thailand’s largest Island as we draw to a close. Experience Phuket and Patong in a party Tuk Tuk to celebrate the end of an awesome trip. Your group leader can also help you plan your onward travels.
- Airport pickup and taxi to your Bangkok hotel
- Taxis, tuk tuks, longtail boats, ferry & minibus trip
- Chao Phraya River cruise
- Overnight train
- Longtail boat journey to Khao Sok National Park
- Boat trip to Koh Nang Yuan or around Koh Phangan
- Private mini bus rides between Khao Sok and Surat Thani and Surat Thani and Krabi
(much better than public buses!)
- Pick-up-truck ride through jungle to Bottle Beach & long-tail boat return trip (weather permitting)
- Ferries to Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Surat Thani (night boat), Phi Phi and Phuket
- Boat trip around Koh Phangan
- Boat trip around Phi Phi Islands
- ALL ACTIVITIES
- Two fun nights out on Khao San road
- Relaxing Thai massage
- Day visit to Bangkok’s most historic temples
- Outdoor activities such as swimming, tubing, kayaking, cliff jumping, bamboo rafting, snorkelling, waterfalls, viewpoints, beaches
- Day and night on magical, secluded Bottle Beach (sleep in beach bungalows just a few steps from the sea)
- Local wildlife (Elephant ride & meeting some monkeys)
- Beach parties on Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Phi Phi
- Koh Tao Pub Crawl
- Boat trips to Maya Bay (the island from the film ‘The beach’) and around Koh Tao to Koh Nangyuan (snorkeling, amazing views, and more!)
- Party TukTuk of the busy night life in Phuket
- Kayaking and cave exploring in Railay
- Optional scuba diving, rock climbing & water skiing/wake boarding, trapeze, fire spinning available at some destinations (available at additional cost, just ask your Tour Guide!)
- Inclusive breakfast, lunch and dinner at Khao Sok National Park
- Free lunch & drinks on the boat in Koh Phangan during the Boat Cruise
- An authentic Thai-Cuisine group dinner
- Lunch on boat trip in Phi Phi
We leave most of meal choices to you (as everyone’s different!), but we take you to some amazing restaurants both traditional and modern so there is always something for everyone.
- Online support before you go on tour (via our Meet Others Tour Radar App, as well as email/phone)
- Insider knowledge from our incredible Western & Local tour guides, who will be able to answer any questions you may have about Thailand and show you some really cool stuff you’d never find on your own, as well as being with you all week to make sure you have an awesome and hassle free time.
- Help and support organising any onward travel or Top up Adventures